The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) of PPG Institute of Technology (PPGIT) was established in 2013 as a self-initiative effort with the guidance of our Principal Dr.R.Prakasam as a faculty advisor who has vast real time core industrial domain knowledge of nearly three decades.
1. To instill the students for creating awareness on self employment and importance of entrepreneurial initiatives that are needed for the development of the current socio-cultural-economic scenario of our Country through the conduct of Special Programme by Entrepreneurs and Camps.
2. To encourage, motivate and help the students to become a successful entrepreneur, who have the necessary innovative skills, adequate knowledge and positive attitude to create, manage and expand the future enterprises.
3. To help and create the 'Entrepreneurial Leaders of tomorrow' for leading / starting new companies positively have the impact on the sustainable economic growth and nurture the entrepreneurial eco-system of our nation
4. To provide necessary resources, E-networks and immense guidance for creating and fostering the successful world class entrepreneurs.
5. To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, funding sources for loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, enterprise building, etc. for the budding Science and Technology entrepreneurs.
1. Facilitating the Entrepreneur's Club and E-Cells in each Department of our College as well as Organizing Skill Development Programme, Business Plan Competitions and Innovation Camps to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students with active involvement of industry and alumni.
2. Signing of Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with industries to enhance the Industry-Institute relationships for helping the students to get more exposure towards current industrial trends
3. Triggering the novel real time student projects in their domain area of interest towards formulating the new product development during and after the study period.
4. Instigating, motivating, and mentoring the students for the identification, development and commercialization of their innovative ideas.
5. Transferring the technical know-how to the students and provide platform for setting up entrepreneurial enterprises; Arranging effective interaction with entrepreneurs, bankers, professionals, potential customers and creating a mentorship scheme for student innovators.